Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tis the Season

So…ugh….”typically” I am very against Christmas things before Thanksgiving.  It’s like right after Halloween (if we’re lucky) people skip right over that Thanksgiving even exists and go right to Christmas.  I love Thanksgiving and I want to enjoy the holiday please!  Let’s give it a little respect….or Thanks! 

But I digress……this year even I’ve fallen into the holiday trap.  I scheduled our Santa appt before Halloween.  Our Halloween theme was Christmas for crying out loud.  But it is much worse than that…..back in MAY I thought up our idea for our Christmas Card.  MAY.  Unheard of.  And of course the idea is a surprise so you have to wait until you get one in the mail (or I post them here if you’re not on our mailing list).  Sorry. 

But why am I “outing” myself so to speak?  Because I’m a sucker for free stuff.  (and so is my husband, especially when it comes to Christmas cards)  Shutterfly is having an awesome deal right now…..you blog about their awesome cards (which is where we order our cards from every year, so obviously I think they are awesome) and I get some free cards.  Yay!

Shall we take a walk down memory lane?  Here’s our cards from the last three years!

IMG_6520

You can see all of the photo cards and stationery here:  http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery
And check out this link specifically for the holiday cards:  http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/holiday-cards
They also have awesome wall calendars which I’ve been wanting to do the last couple of years, but I think this year is the year I finally do it (no really!):  http://www.shutterfly.com/calendars/wall-calendars

They have a nice selection of traditional and modern styles and you can choose flat or folded options.  I think the prices are pretty reasonable, too.  I usually wait to see our photos and pick out my favorites and then try to pick a style of card that I like based on those photos.  So, it will be another couple of weeks before I decide which cards we'll be using this year, but until then I'll be looking around and picking out my favorites!

I love the colors and design of this one!

And I love the simplicity of this one too!

And this one is precious too!

Bloggers get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly… sign up: http://bit.ly/sfly2010

1 comment:

Lee Anne said...

We got ours in the mail today! I am with you on the no Christmas before Thanksgiving, but I couldn't pass up a FREE $100+ worth of cards!