Thursday, November 4, 2010

Lunchtime

It has been cold and rainy the last couple of days here and so today we had some tomato soup and grilled cheese for lunch.  Finn has only recently come around to tomato soup and Riley still isn’t sure about it.  But I keep trying it because it is a staple as far as I’m concerned!  :)

We’re eating lunch and things are going well, but then I spill some soup all over myself so I go to change my clothes and soak before it stains.  I can hear the boys but I can’t really tell what is going on.  Which is typically dangerous…..

I walk back into the kitchen and Finn is trying to get a bib on Riley.  Riley is just sitting there thinking this is the coolest thing ever.  I just stand and watch.  Finn gets the bib on, but Riley pulls it off immediately (which is why he stopped wearing them so long ago) and Finn puts it back on and Riley takes it back off and then Finn asks for my help.  So I sit down and help with the bib and Finn says he wants to feed Riley.  So Finn takes the spoon, dips it in the soup brings it in front of Riley’s mouth, Riley doesn’t open so Finn says “say Ahhhh” and Riley actually does and eats the soup.  Repeat this until the soup is gone.  I am dumbfounded.  (Note to self:  Finn is going to feed Riley from now on!)  So he finishes the soup, Finn takes the bib off and wipes Riley’s mouth with it and then says “Don’t worry, I’ll go put this in my dirty basket”.   

When he returns he says he wants Riley to feed him.  Well…..this is going to be a bit trickier.  But I play along and pull Riley onto my lap and help him spoon feed soup to Finn.  And then they both start feeding each other the sandwiches!

All the while, think I was just sitting there with my mouth hanging open.

No comments: