Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pilgrims and Indians

Finn had his Thanksgiving Day party at school last week and I was lucky enough to be able to go check it out and I’m SO glad I did.  But as I was walking into the building I realized….I FORGOT MY CAMERA!!!!  HOW????!!!  :(  Luckily there was another mom there who did bring her camera and shared the pics with me.  The only thing is that they did a small little “play” and I SO wish I could have taken video of it because it was so.stinking.cute!

First the kids walked in wearing these adorable little Indian hats they made.  Then they lined up for the potty train (which is what they do every day when they come in from outside).  Next they told us the story of the Pilgrims and Indians which was painted on construction paper and taped to the blackboard.  Next they acted it out for us, eep!  Then they had a “traditional” Thanksgiving Day feast of fish, corn, corn pudding, dried cranberries and grapes and some apple cider and a cookie! 

 DPCC2 DPCC3

DPCC5

Lining up for the potty train…..

DPCC6

Waiting in the hallway!

DPCC7 DPCC8 DPCC9 DPCC10 DPCC11 DPCC12 DPCC13 

Here is where they are telling us the story written on the board.

DPCC15

Next up the play!  Finn was a pilgrim helping with the ocean that the Mayflower sailed across!

DPCC16 DPCC17

All the kids lined up saying Happy Thanksgiving!

DPCC18

DPCC19

Time to eat!

DPCC30 DPCC31 DPCC32

Finn playing Incredibles with his friend James!

DPCC33

Storytime with Mr Laird.

DPCC34

The children had all done artwork for us to take home with us.  The theme was thankful for the color of paper and paint and the children chose what color paper and paint they wanted and painted a picture which the teacher then took and drew an actual image over and wrote what the kids said they painted.  It was pretty cool. 

DPCC35 

And Finn’s……it is the pink one on the right side of the picture.  it says “Finn’s sincere explosion in white”….say what?

IMG_6560

Have I mentioned how much I love Finn’s school?  I just LOVE his teachers and I love how they talk to the children and I can see how much they truly care about each child.  It is just such a loving environment, it fills my heart with such happiness!

1 comment:

donna said...

Oh what a fun event! Isn't it wonderful to see teachers that love what they do?
Missy, you are one sassy and adorable preggo lady!