Thursday, October 30, 2008

How the FUN all began......

What's up with all the FUN you ask? Lots of inquiring minds want to know the origin of the FUN blog name.

3.5 years ago Todd and I got married. While making decisions in anticipation of this major event in our lives, the final criteria we used during all of our planning was, you guessed it......FUN. After the wedding (which was very FUN by the way) we submitted our info to TheKnot.com's real weddings and we were chosen! We had to fill out a long questionnaire all about the wedding and of course they asked for the theme for the wedding....to which I responded with FUN of course. And then after having an actual phone interview I felt like a real nerd saying FUN over and over and over.

Throughout our lives together, Todd and I have tried to squeeze the most out of life, which tends to simply boil down to...."what do you want to do this weekend? Have FUN!" So of course this has become somewhat of a joke with friends that we shared this with.

When it came time to come up with a name for our blog I was stumped. We didn't want to name it the Finn blog since we had hoped to expand our family, The Lakes blog is just kind of boring.....so I reached out to a friend who jokingly suggested the FUN blog....of course!

3 comments:

Lee Anne said...

I'm glad you posted this! I've always wondered what the deal with the FUN was!

Karen said...

How FUN! Love the story!

Michelle said...

Thanks for posting. I have often wondered.