Sunday, November 14, 2010

Christmas Presents are Coming!

Thanks to our super organized (and early shopper) grandma, we finally sat down and talked about Christmas presents for the boys.  After playing with the boys at the trike park I thought it would be a good idea to get one of those large outdoor plastic playhouses…..until I looked online and saw how much they actually cost!  After I pealed myself off the floor, I went searching on craigslist and found the most perfect one for a FRACTION of the cost!  It is probably the largest one they make, the woman we purchased it from assured me her 7, 5 and 3 year old could all play in it together and that even she herself could almost stand up in it!  Score!

Todd went to finally go retrieve it today.  The lady mentioned how HUGE it was and that we would need a flat bed truck to fit it.  So we were going to rent a flatbed truck from Home Depot however they were all rented out and Todd decided to just drive up there and fit whatever he could in the element and figure the rest out later.  He called me as he was driving home to say he was able to get the whole thing!  What?  How?  And then I saw him pull into the driveway and almost peed my pants!

IMG_6533

Since it is a Christmas present we can’t assemble it yet, but he sort of propped the pieces together to show me how big it was before stowing it away in the basement.  It is HUGE!  YAY!  We will definitely post pictures come Christmas unveiling!

No comments: