Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ice Pops

Yes, it is December and “freezing” cold outside.  But thanks to Sid the Science Kid, we had to make Ice Pops.  After watching Sid and his friends do it, it was all that Finn could talk about.  And I thought, hey, this is harmless, why the hell not.  Also, Todd had bought these ice pop molds at Ikea this summer and for whatever unknown reason (I don’t like ice pops, I don’t like sticky messes and I’m not a fan of juice….so really there are known reasons) we never actually got around to making them.  So I had promised that after our morning outing and after naptime that we could go to the store to buy “supplies” and then come home and make them….which we did…..but man, toddlers do not have patience for waiting for things to freeze.  But….we eventually got to reap the rewards of our efforts!

We made two kinds, orange/carrot juice kind and some sort of berry mix, with a dash of some kind of vegetable.  (What????  they were good!)

IMG_3799

Finn has a taste

IMG_3808

Grandma has a taste

IMG_3806

Argh!  Brain Freeze!

IMG_3802

IMG_3801

IMG_3807

Happy Boy!

IMG_3810

And this video is HILARIOUS (to me).  I know I’ve mentioned his imaginative play, but notice the sounds he is making when “grandma” is eating.  That is what he does whenever he is pretend eating/drinking things and I think it is seriously awesome!  I also think his slurping is adorable, he is whole heartedly enjoying his ice pop!

1 comment:

Sean and Ingrid said...

He doesn't want to waste any of it! Love the hand licking. Hilarious! And I seriously lol every time I read one of your posts about Grandma. Finn seems to be at the funnest age right now.