Monday, December 14, 2009

25 Days of Christmas: Days 9 thru 14

Day 9:  Go Visit the Big Man

Finn didn’t cry!  He needed a little bit of time to warm up to Santa, but as you can see, it didn’t take long!  Riley didn’t cry either, just his usual stare-down.

Day 10:  Christmas Pajama Party

We went to a Christmas Pajama Party at the Bla Bla store.  We listened to KIDS playing guitars, violins and pianos and sing along to Christmas songs, so talented and beautiful!  Finn chowed down on some pancakes and sausage and decorated his own ornament.  Of course I forgot the camera, however we ran into our friends Karen and Kate who took pictures for us, here.

IMG_3813

Day 11:  Listen to Christmas Music

I have a slight obsession with Christmas Music and have way too many Christmas CD’s, but none of them are the perfect CD.  This picture below is obviously not the full collection, but just the few that I could pry out of the hands of the children who were throwing them all around the house after I pulled them out and began a fruitless effort in finding one that had “Frosty The Snowman” on it.  But we danced around the house anyway (after momma went to youtube and found a video of frosty the snowman to sing along with Finn)!

IMG_3792

Day 12:  How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Confession:  I own the VHS version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Double Confession:  I bought it when I was in college so we could play a drinking game while watching it.

Regardless, it is one of my all time favorite movies and while it was a bit of a debacle hooking up the VCR to the TV, I’m quite proud of myself for figuring it all out and being able to show Finn the movie.  We also have a copy of the book.  As you can see in the picture below, I had already started the movie and could not get him to unglue his eyes from the screen in order to take a picture.

IMG_3784 

Day 13:  Cotton Candy Cane Craft

Say that five times fast!  We made these cute little cotton candy canes.  First I cut out candy cane shapes, we painted them red, waited a day for them to dry (so really this isn’t just day 13, it was a two day project), then we glued on cotton balls and voila!

IMG_3776

I thought it would be FUN for Riley to get in on the action!

IMG_3778

Until this happened…….

IMG_3780

(Don’t worry, the paint is both washable and non-toxic.)

IMG_3782IMG_3783

 IMG_3787 IMG_3788 IMG_3790  

Day 14:  Coca Cola Caravan

Somewhere along the lines I had gotten word about this event.  But all I had written on my calendar was “Coke Caravan, Walmart, 1-4PM”  So when we missed story-time on Friday I decided to run to the Walmart to check this out.  I tried going to the website to find out what it even was before we drove over there but couldn’t find any info.  I figured it was harmless to at least drive over and see!  And what to my wondrous eyes should appear?

clickit-pic

IMG_3812

Damn Tree

No comments: