Saturday, December 12, 2009

Gingerbread Train (Wreck) Update and a Wonky Note

so shortly after putting together the gingerbread train, we all left the kitchen to let it dry and to try our hardest to wash off the ridiculous amounts of glue, I mean frosting, that we had gotten on our hands, arms, clothes, hair…..about an hour later when I went back in the kitchen I noticed that the train had fallen in on itself.  So back to gluing, I mean frosting, I went.  It kind of recovered….but now its slightly wonky….

IMG_3791

Wonky by the way is the most hilarious word to teach a toddler.  One day we were at the playground on the swings and the swing Finn was on was….well….wonky.  I couldn’t think of a better word to explain it and so I laughed and said Finn, your swing is all wonky.  And he started repeating the word and laughing hysterically because he also thought it was a funny word.  But now he uses it all of the time in perfect context.  Like he totally gets what wonky means.  and we both still laugh every time he uses it!

1 comment:

Mrs. W said...

I love it! Good on ya, teaching Finn all the wonderful words to use in life.