Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Squirrel Whisperer

We’ve had some gorgeous temperatures this week and on our playground adventure today it was filled with squirrels!  Yesterday there was a small ball there and so when we got there today Riley was off looking for the ball again.  He runs up to the fence and says:

“SQUIRREL, DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE BALL IS?!?!”

So loud, it was hysterical!

A little while later we’re swinging and watching the squirrels crack open nuts and talking about eating the nuts.

Riley:  Can I eat one of the nuts?
Me:  No.
Riley:  Well, but the squirrel said I could.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

For the record this is Riley’s response when I say no to just about everything.  “But daddy said I could have a milk shake.”  “But Finn said I could eat his fruit leather.”  And now he can talk to squirrels.

No comments: