Monday, August 27, 2012

Kellen is 17 Months Old!

Its starting to get tricky trying to remember how old he is, LOL!  I’ve always counted in months until they hit 2, but I might not be doing that much longer this time!  BUT, I have been jotting down little things about him that I just wanted to remember!

Every day when I brush my teeth, as soon as I turn on my electric toothbrush, Kellen comes running from wherever he was and stands next to me and holds my hand.  I now have the cleanest teeth in the world.

He is talking alot lately!  Apple, Wafffle, Cheese, Snack, Help, Up (he’s never going to say down though), Buh-bye, ball (obsessed), the list goes on and on.  But he also now can say Buzz!  Eeep!  It is so cute to hear him say and he just absolutely loves Uncle Buzz!

He nods his head yes or no and makes a Yes or No sound, but not quite the words

He LOVES Sophie the giraffe.  It is just adorable how he holds on to her neck and then nuzzles her against his belly.

He loves to snuggle and hug all stuffed things and says “mmm” when he hugs and kisses them and burries his face in their bellies!

He gives the best little kisses and makes the “mmmmwah” sound when he does.  I.die.every.time.

He’s counting!  We play alot of hide and seek in this house and so now he will stand there, with his hands over his mouth (instead of his eyes! so cute!) and makes sounds that sound like “one, two, three”.  It is unbelievably cute!

The other day we were playing hide and seek and I was hiding and all three boys could not find me (I really wasn’t even hiding that well!) but they’re running around going “momma?  momma?”  and Kellen was too.  and since then he has been deliberately calling for me, “momma, momma”, it is just heart melting!

he looks good in my shades

P1070537

he has started watching TV a little bit.  I’m not entirely sure how I feel about it, but I thought this little couch potato was too cute not to photograph!

P1070531P1070532

We’ve been consistently going to Toddlercize lately and he is really getting into the songs now!  He LOVES “Happy and You Know It”, “Wheels on the Bus” and this cute little version of “Row Row Row Your Boat” that they do (Row your boat, Fly your plane, Drive your car and Ride your bike).  Its really cute to see his excitement and to see him act out the motions!  (Working on a video!)

He is really into trying to use a spoon and a fork now, so much to the point that if I don’t give him one, there are certain foods he won’t even try to eat!

He has started saying “agua” when he wants water.  We don’t speak Spanish so I have no idea where he picked this up!  Ha!

He is a jumper!  He wants to jump all the time, everywhere!  He does this cute little thing with his arms when he is trying to jump off of something, he swings them back and forth, kind of like swimmers do when they first get up on the blocks. 

He now has 9 teeth!  He’s got his front 8 (4 top, 4 bottom) but in a painstakingly painful amount of time he grew in one of his giant molars.  It is HUGE.  And it is awesome because it looks funny when he is laughing or smiling and you can see that one giant tooth amongst a lot of gum!

No comments: