Wednesday, August 29, 2012

All About Finn Update

:::WARNING: PROUD MOMMA BRAGGING MOMENT:::

When I picked Finn up from school I asked him about the “All About Me” project and if they went through everyone’s in the class and he said yes but then added “But mine was BORING” (a new word he seems to be using a lot lately that is absolutely killing me)….what?  what do you mean boring?  how was it boring?  I’m dying to know what the other kids did for theirs that weren’t boring! 

So then the next day I’m talking to one of the room mothers who I see at the gym often and we’re chatting and she mentions the project and about how she had started to help her daughter but then had to force herself to step away.  So then I told her what Finn said about his being boring and asked what hers looked like and if she’d seen any others.  She hadn’t seen any others, but she said hers was shaped like a train and she put a few other fun touches on it that I thought must have been what Finn was referring to.

Fast forward to today, I run into the same mom at the gym again and she said she was in volunteering yesterday and that she talked to the teacher about them and the teacher said that Finn had the best presentation of his!  That he is normally so quiet but he stood up there, all nice and tall and proud and clearly spoke about every single thing on his collage!

Also, we had Finn’s parent-teacher conference last week and his teacher gushed about how Finn is a “joy to teach” and what a sweet caring boy he is.  How he is eager to learn, isn’t disruptive and is helpful to the teachers and his classmates!

We could not be any more proud of our oldest little man!

1 comment: