Friday, October 26, 2012

Pumpkin Carving

We didn’t buy our BIG pumpkins at the patch, and evidently waiting until the 23rd of October to buy them is way too late!  I eventually found them at the 4th store I went to!  Sadly I was by myself so the boys didn’t get to pick theirs out, but after dragging them to three other stores and dealing with their disappointment, I just couldn’t do it again.  BUT, I found them in a fit of insomnia at a 5:30am grocery shopping trip, so when I got home, I lined them all up on the front porch and when they woke up told them there was a surprise for them on the front porch!  They were SO excited!  I also got THE BIGGEST pumpkins EVER which they thought was SO COOL!  (Yes, I’m silently high fiving myself!)

When we were done this year I commented to Todd that I thought this was way smoother than it was last year….and then as I was typing this I pulled up last years post and had to laugh at myself that the first thing I typed was “Pumpkin carving with small children is maddening.”  hahahahahaha

This year was much smoother!  Finn was completely 100% in to it!  Riley mostly was but when it came down to scooping out the goo he was not a fan.

Our little and big pumpkins!

DSC04813 DSC04815 DSC04818 DSC04819 DSC04821 DSC04822

The Aftermath!

DSC04823

Drumming on their pumpkins!

DSC04826 DSC04828

I love how you can just barely see Kellen peeking in to his pumpkin!

DSC04831

And then we went on a moonlit walk through the cemetery! 

DSC04835

DSC04837

It was an awesome night!

No comments: