Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Disney Part 4: Magic Kingdom, Day 2

We left Kellen back at the condo with grandma and papa on our last day and spent the day with just the bigs.  As I mentioned the whole trip was much easier than I thought it would be, but this day was SUPER easy.  I felt like I had lost an appendage though!

We got to the park early so we could get the boys Mouse Ears before heading straight to Adventureland!  I had just assumed and envisioned the boys would get the classic black ears, however when we walked in the store, Finn did not want any part of those and went straight for these really weird Goofy hats!  It hadn’t even crossed my mind that he would want something else!  I can’t lie, I totally panicked.  In the end, both boys settled on the same ears and ones that I could totally live with.  Baby Kellen got the classic ears and even got his name embroidered on the back!

This was the best picture we could get of the boys.  And yes, Todd made me put Kellen’s ears on.

 P1040029 P1040084 P1040085 P1040087

After this we totally rocked Adventureland!  We didn’t have to wait in line for anything!  We walked right on to Aladin’s Magic Carpet Ride, The Jungle Cruise (which is cute but pretty lame after experiencing the Animal Kingdom Safari) and Pirates of the Caribbean!

 P1040032 P1040033 P1040036 P1040037

 P1040043 P1040049 P1040050

One awful pic from Pirates of the Caribbean…

P1040054

Next we went to Frontierland and Todd tried for Splash Mountain again….with success this time!  There still wasn’t much of a wait and so I grabbed some fast passes for Big Thunder Mountain and Riley and I grabbed some snacks and watched all the logs come down the chute!  (For the record, I snapped about 20 pictures of other logs before Todd and Finn came down!)

P1040069P1040070 

And then Finn and I went and rode Big Thunder Mountain!  TWICE! I’m not really sure how it all worked out, but we ended up with 3 fast passes to big thunder mountain.  Todd took Riley to ride the train around the park while we went on Big Thunder Mountain and as we were going up the first big hill, I saw them leaving the train station.  When we got done with the ride, I knew we had a while to wait for them to get back.  So, with one fast pass in hand, I went up to the line and just asked if we could ride with the one we had and the cast member gave me another one!  That is what you call Disney Magic!  We were seriously having an awesome morning!  Finn, by the way, LOVED Big Thunder Mountain!  Still, if you ask him about the trip he will tell you he went on a really fast roller coaster.  The second time we went, as we were waiting there was a little girl in the queue next to us who looked about Finn’s age and he started chatting her up about the ride, telling her that he’d been on the ride and that it goes super fast but that it isn’t scary.  It was so stinking cute!  Such a big boy!

And this is us, bright eyed and wind blown!

P1040074

Riley and Todd on the train!

P1040071P1040073 

 

P1040079

At some point I also rode Splash Mountain with Finn…..which also broke down again.  Thankfully we didn’t have to walk off and we were able to finish the ride, but we got “log jammed” 5 times during the course of one ride.  Again we went home for lunch and naps.  Unfortunately our evening return wasn’t as productive as our morning.

Todd tried to ride Splash Mountain again with Finn….and it was broken…again.  But they got to ride Big Thunder Mountain twice and I rode it with him at least one more time too, in the dark, which was a little bit spookier!

P1040078

One other VERY cool thing we did, while everyone else was down watching the parade, we went and rode the Astro Orbiter which typically has a super long wait time.  But since everyone was watching the parade, we didn’t have to wait long, AND we got to be high up above the park as it was all lit up!  The Astro Orbiter does go pretty fast though!

 P1040089 P1040093 P1040100 P1040101 P1040104

And then we rode Buzz Lightyear a couple of more times before heading home!

P1040105  P1040108 P1040109

I still never did figure out where exactly they are taking our picture on this ride……

P1040110

I know I’ve mentioned a few times about how easy the trip was, how awesome the boys were and how magical everything was.  However…..Riley had the biggest melt down when we left the park that last night.  The tram was pretty full, but we managed to squeeze into two rows with some other people (and our stroller).  So as Riley is having a major meltdown in the process of trying to get our stuff (and selves) on the tram, Riley ends up hitting or squishing Finn, who suddenly starts crying and having a meltdown of his own because I’m sitting in a different row then the rest of them.  We now are on the tram with two children having complete and total meltdowns.  Everyone around us was just laughing.  It was not a super awesome ending, but it was a super awesome trip!

1 comment:

donna said...

What a magical trip! The meltdowns, I think are are part of it. They are such in high and emotions starts getting them. Loving all the pictures!