Friday, November 4, 2011

35 and Still Alive!

A minor milestone happened this past week…..momma turned 35!  Woot! 

Birthdays aren’t as awesome as they used to be.  Waking up to “I want raisin cereal” screamed in your face is not as welcoming as “happy birthday momma, I love you so much”.  Having to actually tell your children that it is your birthday and their response “ohhhh, will there be cake??!!??” is equally humbling.  The day did get much better:  lunch with uncle buzz, a shower, an after school trip on a beautiful fall day with my boys, pizza delivery (no cooking, no clean-up), cake, ice cream and celebrating with friends!

I felt like 35 was kind of a milestone and that we should do something to celebrate.  The problem was my birthday fell on a Wednesday and the weekend before was our Halloween party and the weekend after we leave for Disney.  So what to do…..I decided I wanted to go bowling!  And not fancy bowling either, I wanted beer and wings and bowling!

P1030646

Unfortunately, we didn’t actually get to bowl.  :(  There were leagues playing that night, which we had called ahead to ask about and they assured us there were plenty of lanes….plenty of BROKEN lanes.  So after hanging out for an hour we headed to another bar where we played pool and shuffleboard….equally FUN!

No comments: