Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Potty Training 2.0 – UPDATE

After the last time I posted about Riley’s potty training, things got really bad and then really good.  I had gone back through the blog to see the posts I had written about Finn’s experience, and they ended up being EXACTLY the same for Riley.  We had a couple of good weeks, we started big boy underwear and were doing great, no accidents, and then, holy moly.  I went into his room after naptime and found him and his room covered in poo.  A Poocasso is what we call this.  It was the most disgusting thing I’ve ever dealt with.  Though I don’t think he was trying to be malicious or to make a mess.  He had an accident in his big boy underwear and decided to try to clean it up himself.  He took off his pants and his underwear, put the poopy underwear in the diaper pail (which made an awful mess that was really difficult to clean) and then had gotten some on his hands in the process and evidently was trying to wipe off his hands on every surface in his room.  The thing is, I didn’t hear him make a single sound until I went in there.  That day he had another accident and the two days following.  And then, that was it!  We haven’t had an accident since!  He also goes potty all by himself now, I don’t need to remind him or ask him, he just goes on his own!

Super proud of our little man!

P1050139

No comments: