Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kellen is 10 months old

We were at church Sunday when someone asked me how old he was.  I immediately said he was 9 months old and then it hit me, wait, what day is it?  Holy guacamole, he’ll be 10 months old tomorrow.  I’m really trying not to focus on the fact that he will soon officially be a toddler, and am focusing instead on planning his birthday party!  I’ll also be honest and mention that I’ve been planning his birthday party since May, when he was only 1 month old!  (I have a party planning problem.  But this one is gonna be good!)

10 months old with bruised up legs like my big brothers!!!

P1050128 

Kellen listens and watches intently when you’re talking either to him, or if the family is having a conversation, he really sits and listens and watches.  He likes seeing how things work, he will take every toy and immediately flip it over.  He still has an obsession with wheels.  I’m not sure that he is going to be our most athletic boy, he still isn’t very good at catching/rolling the ball back and forth with me and he topples over ALOT.  He will just be sitting there playing with something in his hands and suddenly he has flopped over.  It is the funniest thing!  He’s a carb lover!  I’ve been trying to get him to eat table foods, ANY table foods, and the only things he will actually eat besides purees are all carbs (cheerios, pretzels, crackers…)  I *think* I got him to eat grapes yesterday, and he might have actually eaten a pea.  Hard to tell with the amounts thrown on the floor and in his chair. 

He is very determined.  Redirecting does not work well with him.  But he doesn’t throw a fit, he just keeps going right.back to where you don’t want him to be.  Kellen can hear the refrigerator door open from any room in the house and practically flies to the kitchen to get into it.  He is obsessed with being in the refrigerator.  (Ironic since he won’t eat the food in it!)  He is also obsessed with our Mr. Sun/Moon night light and is constantly pulling it out of the wall.  He likes to blow spit bubbles.  He sounds like a TV/movie recorded baby.  All of his sounds (coos, laughs, babble) sounds exactly like what you hear in a movie/TV.  He still is the happiest baby ever!

And just some cuteness!

Looking up to big brother!

P1050137

P1050119

It has always bothered me that we didn’t have a baby raincoat.  So when I was alerted to a huge coat sale recently, I found this gem!  Its a little big, but maybe it’ll fit him for a while.  Especially since Riley just broke his (super awesome dinosaur) rain coat.

 

And seriously, look how cute he is!!!!!

P1050100

No comments: