Friday, March 18, 2011

Sweet Dreams and Rude Awakenings

Monday night went as it usually does….dinner, bath, stories, put Riley to bed, read more stories to Finn and then put him to bed.  Except that when we went to put Finn to bed, he made a crazy amount of noise that got Riley all riled up.  Todd left to go to the gym, and I spent the next hour and a half repeatedly putting Riley back into his crib.  Little monkey kept climbing out and climbing into Finn’s bed.  After trying everything in the “trick book” to get him to stay in his bed, we finally just left the boys in the room by themselves and eventually it was quiet.  I of course had to sneak in and take a picture…..

P1000680

So precious!

At about 630am Riley comes and crawls into bed with me.  5 minutes later Finn comes in, is all sad and says “I want Riley to come back to bed with me!”.  :::swoon:::  So I was nervous, but I put them both back to bed in Finn’s bed and didn’t hear a peep out of them until “Mr Sun” came up at 7!

Riley had climbed out a few times before, but this was pretty crazy, so we decided it was time to take the front off of his crib so he doesn’t break another leg.  So at naptime on Monday, he got to test out his new “big boy bed”.  He took a super long nap, and after 2.5 hours I heard a big thump and then a wail.  Poor guy was SO confused when I went in there.  He’s on the floor, he’s all tangled in his blankets and he’s still half asleep and crying.

I hadn’t posted any pics of the boys room yet because I had a few things I wanted to finish first.  But here they finally are.

 P1000732 P1000733 P1000736

Roo reluctantly posing in his big boy bed for me.

P1000737

No comments: