Friday, March 18, 2011

St Patrick’s Day!

When I asked Finn’s teacher about a St Patrick’s Day party, he mentioned that they typically don’t have a St Patrick’s Day party at school because they have such a big Mardi Gras party, but that if anyone wanted to do something for the day, he would more than welcome it!  So of course, what else am I going to do the week before I have a baby, but put together something!  I just couldn’t let it pass me by.  Just.could.not.

Finn has been DYING to wear his “rock sham” (as he calls it) shirt lately AND his leprechaun hat AND his shamrock sunglasses AND his beads.  DYING.

P1000705

So we set it up that they went to the playground first thing in the morning so I could go upstairs and set things up.  I started by messing up the room and blaming that sneaky little Leprechaun on it!  Oh what a mess!

P1000713

Here the kids come into the room and are shocked by all the mess!

P1000714

But wait, we’ve got to stop for the Potty Train!

P1000715 

Now back to cleaning up and searching for that sneaky leprechaun!  He’s got to be in here somewhere!

P1000716

No leprechaun, but look!  He left his little hat behind!!!  Ohhh, we will get you next year little leprechaun!

P1000717 

Next up, make a mess of our own time, I mean craft time!  We made little paper collage rainbows and glittered shamrocks!  I loved this idea, though I did spend alot of time cutting up all of those thousands of pieces of colored paper.  And the glitter?  WHAT A MESS! 

P1000709

P1000718

And lastly, snack time.  I found this recipe back during valentine’s day to make whoopie pies.  For some reason, even though I fail in the kitchen and have never made or eaten a whoopie pie in my life, I thought this was such a cute idea.  Finn was more than happy to help, and Riley, well see the kitchen post.  Well, it turns out that my idea of “ice cream scoop” size is much larger than the recipes.  These things were HUGE!

P1000690 P1000687

And here they are on the plates!  Yes, they are almost as big as the plates.  And, brilliant that I am, decided to bring along some pretzels too, which you know, totally offsets the crack, I mean sugar, in the giant whoopie pies!  The kids loved them!  Except mine (silent SCORE!).  :)

 P1000719 P1000720

Is that not the largest leprechaun you’ve ever seen at the end of the table?

P1000722

Happy St Patrick’s Day!!!!

P1000724

And one picture of Riley!  I love that he loves hats!

P1000731

No comments: