Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Baby Art Project

One of the blogs I follow had a great idea for art for the nursery…..have the boys paint a canvas anyway they’d like to hang in the baby’s room!  This also gave me another great idea, to get their foot prints on a canvas to also hang in the room and to add the baby’s when he/she arrives!  So I bought three canvases, one for each boy and one for the foot prints. 

This was the MESSIEST project I’ve ever done with the boys and I am SO glad that I had grandma in town to help me and that I didn’t attempt to do this on my own with her.  There was paint EVERYWHERE in the kitchen, the boys were covered, I’m going to be cleaning up paint forever. 

I thought with how excited Finn is about this baby, and painting, that he would think this was SO cool!  However, Finn wasn’t super into the project from the beginning.  He didn’t want to paint the canvas with his hand, but was kind of interested in the foot prints.  Once we got the paint on his feet, he wanted to help smear it around the bottom of his feet but then was upset that it was all over his hands.  And he wanted walk around on paper to make foot prints on the paper and I had to barter with him to first print the canvas before running back and forth on the paper. 

Finn was blue and Riley was red.

P1000361P1000362

Riley on the other hand was toooooootally into painting!  He made a really cool print for the nursery.  At one point though he started smacking the paint with his hand, splattering paint EVERYWHERE, including my eyes and the far reaches of the kitchen.  And then he moved on to painting himself which he thought was HILARIOUS.  I was only able to take pictures after we were done, so no pictures of painted boys.

One thing I totally didn’t even think about was how big their feet actually are, so we’re going to have to get the baby’s prints the day it comes home in order to fit in the top corner!  ha!

Here is the finished products, Riley’s print is on the left, foot prints on the right, and Finn’s untouched (with the exception of the Riley splatters) is on the top left.  The mess in front of the orange/yellow booster is Riley’s other creation!

P1000363

And his painted chair.

P1000364

I’m going to try again with Finn another time and maybe try paint brushes to see if that would lure him in.  I can’t wait to hang them on the wall to see how they look!

No comments: