Sunday, October 3, 2010

Officially a Soccer Mom (picture heavy)

I got the mini-van…..

And now I’ve got my soccer player!  Could you just die from this cuteness?

IMG_6208

OK, now I’m going to brag about my kid.  I know it is 3 yr old soccer and we didn’t keep score and its just for FUN and kids running around looking cute, but what kind of mom would I be if I wasn’t telling you how awesome Finn is?  People who know me know how competitive I am, so maybe putting him in sports is probably not the best for ME.  But I promise I’m going to try to play it cool.  (disclaimer out of the way….)

Finn scored 2.5 goals.  2 goals in the right goal and 1 in the wrong goal!  They played just 3 on 3 until the end when suddenly there were just a bunch more kids.  But Finn went in on the second round.  The game first started and our three players just stood there watching the other team run away with the ball.  It was HILARIOUS.  All of the parents on the sideline yelling after them to run, run, run, go get the ball and they just stood there watching.  It took a couple of minutes before they started running around.  The second rotation of kids, including Finn, knew exactly what to do, off they ran and scored immediately!  Yay!  All in all, it was serious cuteness.  There were six mini-fields where we played and to see all these wee 3/4 yr olds in their soccer gear running around was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.

I’m going to post a million pictures now, although, when don’t I?  I’ve got like 6 videos too but I will put them in another post!  :)

My boys!

IMG_6212

Practicing with daddy and Riley before the game!

IMG_6213

Go Rockets!

IMG_6217

Order

IMG_6220

And chaos!!!!

IMG_6221 

Do you see Finn in the middle?  They were practicing “dribbling” the ball from one end of the field to the other!  FYI, Finn is number 8.

IMG_6222

 IMG_6223 IMG_6224 IMG_6225 IMG_6227 IMG_6228 IMG_6229 IMG_6231 IMG_6232

Riley says “put me in coach!”

IMG_6233  IMG_6242 IMG_6243 IMG_6244 IMG_6245 IMG_6246

IMG_6247

No comments: