Friday, October 29, 2010

The Baby

Recently I had another ultrasound with the perinatologist to check on “tripp”.  I left the boys at home with Uncle Buzz and I brought home this picture of the baby.  There are actually two pictures in the one print-out.  The top photo is of the baby’s face (looks more like Skeletor) and the bottom photo is a profile shot.  I sat down with Finn to show him the picture and started to explain, and thought this convo was too precious not to document.

Me:  There’s the head, and there’s the belly, there’s the legs and there’s the feet, and there is a little hand.
Finn:   Where is HER arm, momma?
Me:  This is the baby’s arm.
Finn:  But I can’t see HER face!
Me:  Well this picture is the baby’s face. 
Finn:  Why is it dark, momma?
Me:  Because it is dark in my belly.
Finn:  Why is it dark in your belly?
Me:  Well because there isn’t any way for any light to get in.
Finn:  (holding the picture right up to his eyeballs) But I can’t see inside!
Me:  So you think it is a girl, Finn?
Finn:  Yes, a baby sister.  So how do you see inside your belly?
Me:  Well they use a machine that looks inside my belly and takes this pictures.
Finn: So the baby is inside a machine?

Ummmm, not so much.

IMG_6435 - Copy

No comments: