Monday, July 5, 2010

Birthday Week!

So I LOVE birthdays!  And I love the tradition of Birthday Week!  I think before I met Todd is was birthday month, but he scaled me back down a bit to a week.  But what I like to do is something special each day of the week either leading up to the birthday or the week after.  I’ve got a few things planned for Finn for his birthday week and I started by taking him to see his first movie in a movie theater!!!  We went to see Toy Story 3!  He hasn’t seen any of the other movies, but he is familiar with the characters thanks to a book we have that has a few Toy Story stories in it (along with some Cars, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Bugs Life and Monsters Inc stories).

I kept it a secret until just before we were about to leave.  Here is a picture of us about to take off on our adventure!

IMG_5679

Eating some Chick-Fil-A before the movie

IMG_5680

My stupid camera took this picture one second too late and instead of getting the cutest picture of him giving his ticket to the ticket lady, I got this

IMG_5681

In our seats!

IMG_5682

Ohhh popcorn!!!

IMG_5683

And everything went downhill after this.  He was so scared the entire movie.  Right from the get go he was so scared for his “friends”.  He sat in my lap from about 10 minutes into the movie and was shaking….eventually was sobbing and yelling out.  He was SO upset.  I asked if he wanted to leave and he didn’t.  We did get up to go potty and he composed himself and we went back in, but the sobbing started again.  He still talks about how the movie scared him but says he had a good time.  I feel so bad for the little man!

Hopefully the rest of the birthday week activities are less traumatizing!

No comments: