Sunday, January 10, 2010

Our Song

Todd and I have a long standing dispute about “our song”.  The song “Sweet Thing” by Van Morrison is what I consider our song, although Todd wasn’t even present when that became “our song”.  I was visiting Todd in Atlanta during the summer we first met and he was out on a beer run for the Virginia Highland Fest that day and I was hanging out when his roommate started playing music while cleaning for the party and that song came on and it was the first time I had heard it and it just hit me, the melody, all of the instruments clashing together, something struck a chord in me.  And so naturally any time I hear that song, I can remember that summer and the beginning of our relationship.

When it came time for us to pick a song for our first dance at our wedding, we had a list of 12 songs that we couldn’t decide on.  We eventually settled on another Van Morrison song, “Crazy Love”.

But, there is a new song out by Dave Matthews Band (still my all time favorite band) that we can both safely say is definitely “our song”!

2 comments:

Mrs. W said...

You know how much I love this song! Such a freaking sweet song!

Stefanie said...

You should make Todd a mixtape of all your songs as a sign of your love. HTH.