Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Bittersweet Farewell

IMG_3956

 

Dear Nursing Tanks,

I’ve been wearing one of the three of you every single day since February 8th, 2009, the day we came home from the hospital after Riley was born.  While I appreciate everything about you (your stretchiness, quick release, comfort, support and versatility), I have to say I look forward to not wearing you for quite some time. 

It is bittersweet to put you away though.  I am sad that I wasn’t able to wear you until February 4th, 2010.  I’m sad that my baby is growing up and I’ll miss those precious moments with Riley all to myself.  And I’ll be honest, you are more comfortable than a real bra!  But I will be very happy to not have to purchase/wear shirts that will fit over you.  That I can purchase/wear shirts without having to make sure I can access “the goods” easily.  I’m also happy that I can actually get away from Riley/the house/my pump any time of day and that I don’t have to live my life in three hour increments anymore!

I will put you away for now, add you to my storage bin marked “maternity clothes”, knowing, god willing, that I will see you again someday.  So, rest easy knowing you served me well and be on the ready for your next tour of duty.

good bye dear friends!

 

2 comments:

EZ said...

This made me LOL!

Unknown said...

This is great! It is bittersweet! Congrats! And cheers!