Friday, January 1, 2010

Hemangioma

We were looking through some old pictures recently and found pictures of Finn when he was a baby.  We found this picture (8 months old):

Easter02

and I said “Finn, do you know who this is?  Its baby Finn”  He looked at the picture and said “He bumped his head”.  It made me a little teary eyed.  We used to get that comment alot. 

Finn was born with a small little brownish-red spot on his forehead that we all thought was either a “stork bite” or maybe a mole.

DSC03867

 

It quickly turned bright red, became raised and was jelly-like.  Turns out it was a hemangioma.

DSC03902

As the saying goes, love is blind.  I honestly hardly ever noticed it myself, but strangers would often say something along the lines of “oh he bumped his head”.  Our pediatrician immediately told us it was nothing to worry about and would be gone by his 2nd birthday.  She acted like it was no big deal at all and I think that rubbed off on us because that was how we felt about it.  And by his first birthday it was barely noticeable.

smilinfinn

And now it is completely gone!

710291449_dsc_5539

But when I looked back at his “babysite” and this blog I realized that I had never mentioned it before, and since he brought it up, I thought I would.

1 comment:

andrea said...

He is adorable, even with it!

Happy New Year!