Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tales from school

Trendsetters

As some of you may have noticed, my boys usually have their collars popped.  As I was dropping Finn off at school this week, one of his teachers, Mr. Z, saw Riley’s popped collar and said “Riley, you’ve got your collar popped too?  So I see this must be a Lakes Boys thing?”  and then he said that he tried to put Finn’s collar down one day and Finn stopped him and said “I like my collar up.”  ha!  I really had no idea he felt that way to be honest.  So that same day when I came to pick Finn up from school, Mr. Z said “Finn has started a trend, 4 other little boys all wanted their collars popped like Finn today!”  Sure enough, I headed out to the playground to get Finn and I saw two of them! 

Celebrity

Right now it is way too hot for us to walk to pick Finn up from school in the afternoon so we always drive.  I push Kellen in the snap ‘n go and Riley walks along side.  Every afternoon, Finn’s class is out on the playground which is where we need to pick him up.  And every day Kellen gets SWARMED by all the pre-k kids!  They LOVE him!  He’s got an AMAZING immune system at this point.  It is really cute how much they love him!

P1020568

Friends

Finn has made quite a few friends at school and I love hearing about them and meeting them.  One of his first friends he made at school was Felix, a little boy with a mohawk.  He is precious!  Earlier this week one of his teachers told me that he made a new friend that day and would let Finn tell me about it.  Turns out he made a friend with a little boy named Louis who isn’t in his class, but in another pre-k class.  The next day when I went to pick Finn up, he came running up to me, hand in hand with Louis!  Finn then proceeded to introduce Louis to his brothers “These are my brothers, Riley and Kellen”.  I mean it was just so stinking cute.  Louis will be five November 30th and he is VERY excited about that!

Family

Their lesson right now is on family, so we sent in a bunch of pictures of Finn and his family which they made a collage of to hang in his classroom.  We had to send in the story of where Finn’s name came from.  And I found this gem in his back pack today!  He created the book and his teacher wrote in the story he was telling about his family and the pictures he used. 

 P1020592 P1020593 P1020594 P1020595 P1020597

P1020601

In case you didn’t pick up on it, Finn doesn’t have any sisters!

hahahahahahaha

No comments: