Thursday, September 15, 2011

shapes and colors

I have been working on shapes and colors with Riley for a while now and he does not seem to be getting it.  Every time I ask him what color something is, he says “green”.  I remember Finn doing the same thing, but his answer was blue, which is now his favorite color!  And every time I ask him what a shape is, I get nothing.  He doesn’t even guess.  We’ve got flashcards, we’ve got blocks and I try to do it with every day objects around the house and when we’re out and about.

But then he spent 2 hours at school, came home with this picture, and knew every.single.shape.  And now when he walks around and sees shapes he names them.  TWO HOURS!!!!

What.am.I.doing.WRONG?!?!?!?!

P1020778

I hope she starts working on colors soon, because at this point Todd and I are convinced he is color blind.

No comments: