Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Why Blog?

I have MANY reasons for blogging.  A few of them that first come to mind are: Grandma and Papa who live far away and don’t get to see the boys as often as I know they’d like; a modern day baby book to capture all the milestones, the funny stories, the FUN we had and to capture it before my memory (ever too quickly) fails me;  and I have TWO pictures of MY childhood and I am hell bent on making sure things are different with MY family.

But, I read something the other day that really hit home with me, another reason for the blog…..if you notice lately, I post a lot of blog posts all at once, mostly because I am busy and tired by the end of the days, but really, when we are having a really rough patch, the pictures and the stories help me think of the good moments in between all those tantrums and back breaking days.  They help me reconnect with how truly lucky and blessed I am to have these little people in my life.  They help remind me that they do really love me, even when they have a tough time showing it.

So the blog is as much for ME as it is for family, friends and the boys to look back upon when they are older.  Thank you modern technology for saving me thousands in therapy sessions!

PS, I felt like doogie howser typing this.

1 comment:

donna said...

Amen! I love reading old posts. Hopefully when the kids get older they'll love it too.