Tuesday, June 21, 2011

And the hits keep on coming….

So after sleeping in the living room together as a family and waking up butt crack early, we ate breakfast on the living room floor, talked to the AC guy who said he’d be out some time after 5pm, got dressed and the boys watched TV while I started to pack up some of our stuff for the gym and errands….and to have a complete and total meltdown. 

When I went outside to grab the car seat to reassemble it with the clean cover, I found the seat COVERED in THOUSANDS of tiny ants.

Meltdown.  Hyperventilating.  I hate bugs and now seriously all over my child’s seat? 

So I hose it down, but now the straps are soaking wet, I can’t put him in that.  Thankfully we have a back up seat in the basement so I grabbed it, assembled it and put it in the car and finished packing our things.

We head to Target, a very uneventful, and COOL trip!  And then we head to the gym so I can get Kellen’s membership card since he can go in the nursery now…..the card machine is broken.  So I went upstairs with him (the big boys in the nursery playing) and I sit in one of the cold dark empty studios and gather myself….and then fed Kellen before heading off to pizza for lunch, where….wait for it…..their AC is broken.

After a very sweaty lunch we headed to uncle Buzz’s house for a nice cold nap!  And then we hit the pool while we waited for the AC guy to call us to tell us he was on the way.  Find out he won’t be to our house until probably 7pm.  So I decide to just pack up and make dinner over at Uncle Buzz’s and we’ll spend the night there.  Packing up stuff for burritos for dinner when I realize I don’t have the spanish rice.

please.make.this.day.end.

It did end…..with news that we are getting a whole new AC unit.

No comments: