Thursday, September 2, 2010

Some Finn-isms

I started this post about three months ago….so some of these things are really old news….alas, I already wrote them so they are staying for posterity sake.

Now that Finn is such a big boy, we let him walk alot versus riding in the stroller.  When we’re on big sidewalks we let him walk without holding hands but he knows that once he gets to an intersection he has to stop, wait for us and hold a hand to cross the street.  Lately when we’ve been doing this, he will hold my hand till we get across the street and then he will let go and say “Thank you for helping me momma”.  Such a sweet boy!

We’ve somehow gotten out of the habit of listening to the awful Silly Songs CD and now he likes to listen to the radio.  We take turns, he’ll say “momma’s turn” or “its my turn” which means we turn on silly songs, but thankfully only for one or two annoying songs.  He tries to sing everything that is on the radio, he actually knows a lot of words but when he doesn’t he just makes sounds and mumbles along, his equivalent I guess to singing “watermelon, watermelon, watermelon”.

He also started declaring songs that were “momma songs” “daddy songs” or “Finn’s songs”….it took a while for me to figure out that if it was a woman singing it was a “momma song” and if it was a man it was a “daddy song” and if it was kids singing (MIA Paper planes) or Justin Beiber (oxy-moron, yes) (and yes he knows all the words to Baby) then it was a “Finn song”.  But this was confusing for a while because it would be a rap song, aka clearly a momma song, and he’d be like “You can’t sing momma, this is a daddy song!!!!”.  grrr

Along those same lines, I’ve got an iPod and I’ve got a speaker I can plug it into and I like to attach it to the stroller while we go for walks and Finn loves listening to it and asks if I’m bringing my “music player”.  I know I’ve posted about mommy and daddy’s song (DMB You and Me) and once when we listened to it we told him that was our song and it evidently resonated with him because he announces “our song is playing momma” when he hears it, he knows all the words and sings along.  It is terribly cute and heart melting.  On a similar note, I have noticed that I have a lot of songs with explicit lyrics.  yeah, he has maybe repeated one or two of those.  time to start censoring myself I guess.

“Ta-Da!!!”  He loves to say Ta Da!  It is hilarious the amount of excitement and enthusiasm he has over this.

“This Weekend?!!!”  I think he is trying to grasp the concept of time, there are lots of questions about today, tomorrow and this weekend.  I think he thinks this weekend is today though.  If you tell him we’re going to do something he will say “This Weekend?!”.  I’ve got to get it on video because the way he says it is just really cute.

I love how when I whisper “I love you” he whispers it back.  kills.me.

He’s fearless in the water and has started SWIMMING! (see I told you I started this forever ago, since I’ve posted a whole blog post about him swimming!)

Grandma (bear) has a voice.  It used to be sweet, as in “aww, he’s talking for grandma bear, or, grandma bear is talking to Finn”…..but now it is a little red-rum-ish.  very high pitched, ear piercing really and quite annoying.

“Why?” – pretty sure this is his new favorite word.  It is NON.STOP.QUESTIONS from him all.day.long.  He is so his father’s child.

No comments: