Monday, February 8, 2010

Time to Partay!

Daddy helping make tissue poms!

IMG_4503

I had originally ordered all these animal safari themed decorations for the party in Blue, Orange, Green and Brown that ended up never showing.  So I improvised and made my own door sign (which I also printed a bunch of and hung them throughout the house):

IMG_4548

And my own name banner to hang above his high chair:

IMG_4544

And since the cupcake toppers didn’t arrive, my two wonderful friends Miss Jess and Miss Andrea helped make these awesome R’s to top the cupcakes!

IMG_4508

IMG_4509

IMG_4522

And I printed out all of Riley’s monthly pictures in the dump truck and put little labels on them and hung them by string in the living room!

IMG_4511 IMG_4555

Tissue Poms!

IMG_4510

And I made a slideshow DVD of pictures all throughout his 1st year and played that during the party!

IMG_4533

And since we were originally supposed to be having an animal theme, we filled the take home bags with animal crackers and play-doh.

IMG_4545

And the only pictures we have from the party are of singing Happy Birthday to Riley and of him throwing a complete and total fit about the chocolate cupcake.  He was in awe of a roomful of people singing to him but then as he saw the cupcake coming toward him his expression changed and when I placed it down in front of him he got MAD!  MAD MAD MAD!  He wanted NOTHING to do with it.  He pushed it away and then was mad that he had icing on his hand and that it wouldn’t go away and got even more mad when I tried to feed it to him.  He was MAD!

IMG_4512

IMG_4513

IMG_4515IMG_4517 

IMG_4518

IMG_4520

And the next morning we pulled out his BIG present!

IMG_4535IMG_4537

2 comments:

Sean and Ingrid said...

Ok, I am loving the mad pictures! So funny. Your decorations look so great! I especially love those pom poms and the cupcakes. Good for you for not letting that get you down and just doing it yourself. It looks like you guys had a great party!

donna said...

Party turned out great! You are so crafty.