Saturday, June 29, 2013

Library

I have a love hate relationship with the library.  I mean I do really love it and so do the boys.  But I’ve always had a toddler in tow and those toddlers can wreak utter havoc on a library.  FINALLY, we are at a good age that Kellen doesn’t want to eat/rip every single book and he mostly isn’t trying to take ALL of the books off the shelves.  Trust that he is still taking plenty down, but he at least stops to look through them for a bit!  Also, they never have what I want, but I found a way around that by reserving what I want on-line and then they send me an email telling me it is waiting for me.  So the boys and I can go in, sit in the kid section, read books, choose some at random and then pick up the ones I really want from the reserved section!  Win-Win!

This visit really did my heart good, seeing them all sitting and really reading through the books for a looooong time!

After every book, Kellen would close it and say “The End.” very matter-of-factly and move on to the next book.  It was adorable!

 IMG_0218

 IMG_0219

 IMG_0220

Like I said, I always let them pick out some books randomly to take home.  Some we have read through while we were sitting there together, but some we haven’t.  These two we didn’t read beforehand:  It’s A Tiger, seriously made me laugh out loud like a 4 year old, like belly laugh, through the whole thing, and through subsequent readings.

IMG_0290

This one however, was very very sad.  Oy vey.

IMG_0291

No comments: