Thursday, October 20, 2011

Proud Momma

Reading one of my fellow mommy blogs made me realize that I never shared this tidbit about Finn.  My Proud Mommy moment! 

When I picked Finn up from school one day, he was still upstairs in music class.  While we waited Mrs. Crosby said to me:  “I just wanted to tell you what a sweet and compassionate boy Finn is, Mrs. Lakes.  Every day he gives me the biggest hugs and says that he loves me.”  And then Miss Davis chimed in “He will sometimes come up to me out of nowhere, give me a big squeeze and say that I looked like I needed a hug.” and they continued to tell me that he always helps others in class, that if someone falls down on the playground he will stop to help them up and ask if they are OK.  That is is always so polite, helpful and sweet!

Seriously, I could not have been more proud!  I am always telling him that if someone falls down, whether we pushed them accidentally or not, that we need to help them up and make sure they are OK.  This is typically in regards to Riley and I’ve never seen him do it without my prompting, so it felt really good to know that it is actually sinking in.

We’ve been going through a rough patch with Finn for the last couple of months.  And while I wish he was behaving better at home, I do feel good that he is at least being well behaved in public!  That’s the sweet boy Finn we know and love!

1 comment:

donna said...

Awww so sweet! Love it!