Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Years Eve

We spent New Years Eve with Uncle Buzz this year!  The weather that day was gorgeous!  I’m talking 70 degrees!  So after naps we headed over to Uncle Buzz’s house and hit the play ground!  And we also busted out our new camera finally!

Todd took a million pictures of the boys on the swings, all action shots, none of them are good.  Ha!  Both boys on the big boy swings!

P1000008

 P1000011 P1000027 P1000041

And I just have to share this video.  Uncle Buzz and a complete under dog FAIL.  Evidently Uncle Buzz needs some under dog practice.  This was a total fluke that I got this on video, as I mentioned we were just playing around with the new camera.  I almost peed my pants.

And then we went back to Uncle Buzz’s house and made pizzas!

 P1000044  P1000046 P1000047

And while we were making pizzas, where was Riley?  Standing right in front of the giant TV eating chips.

P1000045

We washed up the kids and put them to bed, watched some football, watched a movie, watched some basketball and more football and then watched the ball drop on times square!  I actually stayed up until midnight for the first time in years.  I actually stayed up much later than that, let me explain…..

Five minutes before the ball dropped, right after we poured our champagne, I notice my phone has a missed call from a 1-800 number….uh oh….our alarm company, and remember that Todd’s phone had rang hours earlier but he didn’t even look at it or answer it.  So of course there is a message saying our house alarm had gone off, about 3.5 hours earlier.  Uh oh.  So as soon as the ball dropped, we cheersed and Todd and Buzz took off to our house to find we had left the back door unlocked and the wind had blown it open.

They came back and then I headed home, alone.  Todd was going to stay over at Buzz’s with the boys so I could sleep in in the morning.  Except 10 minutes after I got home, my phone rings and I answer it and head Riley WAILING in the background.  Riley had woken up and was completely inconsolable.  So, I went back to uncle buzz’s and picked up my family, drove them home and put them all to bed….at 1am.  Woke up with the entire family at 6am.  SO.TIRED.

Happy New Year!!  2010 was a great year and we are very excited to see what 2011 has in store for us!

No comments: