Monday, November 9, 2009

Birth Stories

So I was chatting with a friend who is about to give birth and she was asking for any random advice (after I was already giving some, unsolicited) and I was trying to think of things and then I remembered that right after Finn was born I had typed up this “random update” document of all of the really random things that were happening to my body after giving birth as well as just how I was feeling about things in general. 

So I set off searching through my files to find said document and in the process found it, found another document that a friend had sent to me about her experience and then I stumbled upon Finn’s birth story!  Reading through it gave me chills!  And then I thought….where is Riley’s birth story? 

So then I searched the blog of course since I keep “everything” documented on the blog.  But, it was nowhere to be found.  And I went on a mad search through my files, my thumb drive, my external hard drive, everything and could.not.find.it.  But I remembered typing one up and putting it on a local mommy group website that I have been on for years.  But the site has an awful search functionality (if you can even use the word functional to describe its disfunctionality). 

So then I got very sad.  And I made a post on the site to my momma friends saying how I was sad and that I had lost it forever.  But….I have the best momma friends because they started to help me find it!  And one such friend did!  Karen is the best and totally understood how precious that story is to have!  THANK YOU KAREN!

I wanted to share all of this random background info because I’m going to post the boys birth stories here next and I figured some would think it was completely random and strange that 27 months and 9 months after giving birth to them that I would be sharing their birth stories!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hi, Heather! My pleasure! I was sincerely happy I could help. :o)

donna said...

I was soooo happy for you when Karen found it. I attempted to look for it but wasn't as savvy as our Karen :) Good job!