Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Confession

I almost left Baby Kellen at home.

IMG_0957

So, first of all, Kellen likes to sleep and his bedroom is tucked in the back of the house so it is easy for him to sleep in.  I typically grab him after I get the bigs and all their stuff in to the car for school just so he can get as much sleep as possible.  (And it is easier to just throw his half-asleep self in to the car immediately rather than having to have him sit around and want to be snuggled while trying to get everything in the car.)

So the Monday morning of the second week of school, Riley wakes up with a raging fever and is sobbing that his throat hurts.  Rut Ro.  Finn feels fine.  So I get breakfast started, clothes pulled out and everybody’s stuff gathered and then I call the pediatrician right when they open at 730 to make a sick visit and I’m in luck I can get one basically as soon as I can get there.  So now I’m trying to pack everything up, running around, Riley is miserable so that is distracting…..and as we’re buckled in and I put the car in reverse, Finn says “what about baby kellen?”.  ZOMG!!!!

So there he is, shoeless, in his jammies and still in his night time diaper, but there he is.  With us!  At the doctors office.  :)  In the end we all got strep, including me.  :(  Finn technically did not test positive but he had a fever for 2 days and said his stomach hurt which is his strep symptom.  So our week looked like this.

IMG_0959

No comments: