Friday, May 31, 2013

SOLD!

Finally this happened!

P1100601

I can’t even tell you what a relief it was to finally close on the sale of our house!  We started this long process in January with first finding a realtor and then going through the process of getting it ready to list and show and sell.  We were under contract in less than 3 weeks but then we had a little over a month from then til we closed and in that time we had to find a place to rent, get all of the things fixed necessary from inspection oh and pack and move!  I was really terrified of something major going wrong in the house that we would be responsible for fixing.  I was also worried that something would happen and the whole deal would fall through.  So when Todd called and said everything was done and signed and we were in the clear I was just SO relieved!

We’re renting a house only 2 blocks down the road from our old house, which is both awesome and kind of weird.  We also got the keys to the rental two weeks before we closed which was great we had extra time to move but it also meant we really dragged the process out versus ripping it off like a band aid.  It was exhausting.  But we are forever grateful that Grandma and Papa live so close and could help with the boys.  I cannot imagine having done this with them under foot the entire time!

Packing up was of course emotional.  Every now and then I’d come across things….like this….a cup of which I have an irrational attachment too.  Although a quick Facebook poll made me realize I was not alone!

P1100595

And then this, our huge stork that has been hanging on the inside of this closet door since we brought Finn home from the hospital in July of 2007.  We got two others with our other two boys but they were a quarter of the size.

P1100594

And this made me sad.  This was my FAVORITE room in that house.  The color just made me happy and had so many sweet memories.  First it was Finn’s room and I remember sitting in it in my glider before he was born eating breakfast every morning.  And then it was Kellen’s room and it was just so happy and cheery!!  Seeing it empty like this was definitely emotional.

P1100597

Finn is sad that we moved out of that house.  I think if we had our permanent house to be in he would feel better about things, but in time that will come!  It was a great little house and it treated us well and we will miss it for sure!  Bye-Bye little green house!

IS-15rcieh528dp9

No comments: