Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Riley’s 1st Day of School!

Riley has been SO excited for this day to come.  He knew that he was going to get to go to school this year, the same school that Finn went to last year, and he was REALLY bummed when Finn started school at the beginning of the month and he wasn’t going.  FINALLY today was the day! 

Last week they had Orientation night, Todd went and met the teacher and picked up the packet of info and then I took Riley the next morning so he could meet his teachers, check out his class room and we even went to the music room to meet the music teacher.

I am especially excited about this school year because there were two class rooms that Riley could have gone to this year, but I REALLY wanted him to get Miss Rodriquez and literally jumped for joy the day we got the letter in the mail telling us she was his teacher.

And when Riley received this post card from her in the mail, I cried, because that kind of thing was exactly why I wanted her!  She is lovely and she is the perfect fit for that crazy little man!

P1020515 - Copy

Yes, he was so excited he ate some of it!  lol!

In the information packet was this little teddy bear that we were to decorate as a family and attach a family picture to which will hang in the classroom for the entire year!

P1020500

Taking Riley’s picture this morning was HARD.  I have 4 pictures with the worst “stink face” and then a bunch of complete ambivalence.  I promise he was more excited than he looks in these pictures.

 P1020501 P1020504 P1020506 - Copy P1020508 P1020510 P1020511

and a close-up, what a sweet boy!

P1020511 - Copy

and then I was rewarded with this!

P1020514

I had plans to run a bunch of errands this morning, instead I came home and sat in silence while the baby napped.

No comments: