Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Finn’s 1st Day of School!

My baby is growing up way too fast!  Finn started pre-k on Monday.  He now goes to school 5 days a week, ALL day!  We’re talking, I drop him off at 8am and pick him up at 3:30pm.  The Thursday before school started, we went to his school to meet his teachers and check out his classroom.  He’s got 3 really great teachers, two women and one guy (with a really cool name that is FUN to say!).  And two of our friends are also in his class!

P1020266 P1020274

As we walked into his class, one of the teachers told him which cubby was his and he found it, hung up his bag, got a name tag to wear around his neck from his teacher and then trotted off to go play without even a good-bye!  Break my heart why don’t you!  One of the teachers stopped him so I could take a picture and as I was pulling out the camera, this little boy, walked right up to Finn and gave him a big hug!

P1020275 P1020276

So far he has been pretty tight lipped about what he does all day, but he did this with his school last year too.  So I’ll break him down over the next couple of weeks!

The parking situation in the mornings is ridiculous!  The school is for 3 years old through 8th grade, so its pretty big and with everyone arriving at the same time, it was a zoo!  Today we walked to school which was pretty FUN, I put the two big boys in the stroller and Kellen in the bjorn.  I really need to get a picture of this because I definitely got an awful lot of looks!  But it was great to get some exercise in, can’t wait until it isn’t 100 degrees though!

So far he seems really happy with school.  When I picked him up on the first day his teacher said that “he seemed like he was having a lot of FUN” and that “he was kind of quiet all day but was always smiling”.  :)

No comments: