Thursday, August 19, 2010

Finn’s first day of school!

Oh my! 

We signed Finn up to do two mornings a week at a parents morning out program at a nearby Presbyterian church school.  Last fall/winter I went around and checked out a bunch of programs and this one, just had that feeling.  It made me feel warm and fuzzy and was just the perfect place for Finn.  Our application was accepted (yes, accepted, crazy!) and we’ve just been waiting for the school year to begin! 

On Monday night mommy and daddy went to the school for a parent orientation where daddy finally got to see the school and we got the meet the teacher and some of the other parents of kids in Finn’s class.  Tuesday morning I took Finn in so he could check out his classroom and meet his teacher.  It didn’t go very well, he was excited to go to school, ran into the school, ran up the steps and down the hall and then put on the brakes and became Mr. Shy when we got to the classroom and wouldn’t go in.  I had to eventually carry him in and then hold his hand while he checked things out until he was ready to let go and play on his own.  He still wouldn’t talk to either of the teachers though before we left. 

So I was a little nervous about drop-off this morning.  They do a carpool drop-off where we pull up and they pull him out of the car and take him inside and I drive away.  But the little guy surprised me.  He was just so excited and he went with the teacher without any trouble at all!  I did get a little teary once I pulled up to the spot to let him out, but I made sure he didn’t see and put on my big happy face, until I drove away and cried just a little.

IMG_5889

 IMG_5890 IMG_5891 IMG_5892 IMG_5893 IMG_5894 IMG_5895 IMG_5896 IMG_5897

3 comments:

Lee Anne said...

I'm glad drop off went well! I could have almost written this post word for word and just substituted names. Hope you have a great trip!

donna said...

Awww. Such a big boy. Glad that he had a great first day of school.

Robin said...

Awww. So big. And Riley waving goodbye just melts my heart. You were brave to let him go :) Congrats to Finn for being brave too!